Accessibility Design Guidelines
The City of Arlington is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). We have designed our website with these accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- Most of our pages are designed to display without horizontal scrollbars when they are viewed at a screen resolution of 1024×768 pixels.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn’t mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead it means there are also other, non-color dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We have attempted specifically to comply with Section 508 referring to website accessibility standards.
Contact us with web accessibility concerns
If you use assistive technology (such as a Braille reader, a screen reader, or TTY) and the format of any material on this Web site interferes with your ability to access information, please contact the City of Arlington’s ADA Coordinator using the contact information found at www.arlingtontx.gov/ada.Alternatively, users who need accessibility assistance can contact us by phone through the Federal Information Relay Service at 1-800-877-8339 for TTY/Voice communication.To help us serve you better, please include the following information when contacting us:
- the nature of your accessibility problem,
- the web address of the requested material,
- the format in which you prefer to receive the material, and
- your contact information.
Web browser accessibility tools
Many popular web browsers contain built-in accessibility tools. Please follow the links below for instructions on optimizing web browsers for persons with accessibility issues.
- Chrome Accessibility Information
- Internet Explorer Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
PDF reader software is required to view and print certain documents that appear on this website. You can download Adobe’s free PDF reader software, and also get information about accessibility tools and resources, by visiting http://www.adobe.com/accessibility/products/reader.html.
Flash player software is required to view certain content on this site.
- To download free Flash player software from Adobe, please visit the Adobe website.
- To access flash content using a screen reader, please visit the Adobe Flash Player Accessibility website.
Microsoft Silverlight is a free multimedia framework similar to Adobe Flash. Silverlight is required to view certain content on this site, such as the Geographic Information Services (GIS) maps. To download free Silverlight software, please visit www.microsoft.com/silverlight/.Please note that Silverlight is not supported by some browsers, such as Chrome. We recommend using Internet Explorer to access the City of Arlington website.