Corporate business activity anchors the operations at Arlington Municipal Airport, with an average of more than 5,900 related flights per month. In fact, corporate decision makers attending events at area venues are choosing the airport as their new point of entry into the region because of the quality of services provided.The airport’s proximity to three important visitor destinations – AT&T Stadium (Cowboys stadium), Globe Life Park (Texas Rangers ballpark), and Six Flags Over Texas – makes it a premier stop.It is common for a group from a single plane to split into smaller groups to visit different area attractions, such as a sports venue or shopping mall.
2010 Economic Impacts
- Economic activity: $ 67,920,367
- Salary, Wages, and Benefits: $ 24,006,171
- Employment: 560
- Capital Expenditures for infrastructure and other airport improvements from 2006-2010 generated $36 million in economic activity that created 325 job-years of employment. (A job-year equals one job lasting one year.)
- 40% increase in corporate operations in the last year.
- Providing convenient access for business leaders boosts the airport’s importance to the city.
sources: survey responses, impLan, and authors’ estimates
General Aviation Impacts on Texas
The general aviation system in Texas provides important infrastructure that promotes both regional economic development and community recreational opportunities. The system’s airports also generate economic activity through capital and operations expenditures, business activities of airport tenants, and spending by visitors using airport facilities. This analysis examined the economic impacts of the facilities that are part of the Texas Airport System Plan (TASP). In total, the state’s general aviation airports and general aviation activities at commercial airports create:
Salary, Wages, and Benefits
56,635 permanent jobs
Prepared by Center for Economic Development and Research, Department of Economics, Denton, TX