Your dog or cat is required to be licensed annually. Proof of current rabies vaccination and a $7 fee for altered animals ($30 for non-altered animals) is required. Proof of pet alteration is also needed to receive a discounted license fee.Residents with currently licensed pets will receive a renewal notice several weeks prior to the expiration of the annual license. Residents needing to renew, replace or obtain a new annual license will have the following options available:
- Participating Veterinarians – Please contact your local veterinarian to determine if they are a participant of the Arlington pet licensing program.
- Online – Arlington residents may submit a request for a pet license via our Animal License Registration form. A copy of the pet’s current rabies certificate must be uploaded with the request and documentation from a veterinarian for proof of alteration to receive a reduced license fee.
To license your pet or learn more about the program, please click on the link below.
Other Options to License Your Pet
- Animal Services Center – Residents may obtain their pet’s license in-person at the Arlington Animal Services Center located at 1000 SE Green Oaks Blvd. Residents are required to provide their pet’s current rabies vaccination certificate and documentation from a veterinarian for proof of the pet’s alteration (to receive a reduced license fee).
- Mail – Residents may obtain their pet’s license by mailing the following:
- A completed animal license registration form
- A copy of the pet’s current rabies certificate is required for legal proof of vaccination
- A copy of documentation from a veterinarian for proof of the pet’s alteration (if applicable)
- The license fee is $7 for an altered pet, or $30 for a non-altered animal. (Please do not send cash in a mailed payment.)
Arlington Animal Services
1000 S.E. Green Oaks Blvd.
Arlington, TX 76018
To encourage pet licensing and sterilization, the following incentive is being offered:
- In the event a resident’s pet is impounded and the animal is sterilized, currently vaccinated for rabies and currently licensed, the resident’s pet will be given one “Free Trip Home” per calendar year.
- See the flyer
Pursuant to state law, the City of Arlington cannot sell or distribute a license holder’s personal information to any outside party. Rabies vaccination information can only be used for purposes that “relate to the protection of public health and safety.” A license holder’s confidentiality is ensured in accordance with Section 826.0211 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, which prohibits the release of rabies vaccination and licensing records to the public.
For more information or questions related to the licensing program, contact Arlington Animal Services at 817-459-5898.Production of this video was made possible through a grant award from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation.