Live animal traps are a humane tool to capture and relocate wild or domestic animals. Setting a live trap means accepting responsibility for the animal’s well-being until the animal is relocated by an Animal Services officer.Animal Services provides live animal traps for Arlington residents and businesses to borrow on a first-come, first-serve basis with a $50 refundable security deposit. Although the center does not sell live animal traps, it provides service for personally owned traps during specified service hours. To borrow a trap from the center, call first to check availability. Traps obtained from the center are available to use for up to two weeks (14 days), with the security deposit. A waiting list is available when all of the traps are in use.
- Read the Ordinance: Animals Chapter IX, Section 9.02, Traps
- How to Set a Live Animal Trap brochure
- Some Reasons Why Trapping Does Not Work
Call Animal Services at 817-459-5898 as soon as possible to report an animal is in the trap. Provide your name, address location, and a description of the animal in a trap.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Getting or Setting a Trap
- Trapped animals must be sheltered and checked frequently during the day (Refer to the Animals Chapter of the Ordinance for specific details)
- Traps are not serviced by Arlington Animal Services during these times:
- After 3 p.m., Monday through Friday
- There are no pick-ups on Saturdays or Sundays
- City holidays (do not set a trap on the day before, or the day of a holiday)
- Traps should be closed by 12 p.m. on Fridays for the weekends
- Traps should not be set during inclement weather, or during temperature extremes
- Leaving an animal in a trap for an extended period of time without notifying Animal Services constitutes animal cruelty under the laws of the Animals Chapter and the State of Texas, and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment
- Borrowed traps are the sole responsibility of the borrower
- Do not lend the trap to any other person, or remove it from your property
- You will be held responsible for any expenses incurred by Arlington Animal Services to repair or replace the trap if it is damaged, lost, or stolen
- See information about the Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) Program for feral cats in Arlington
Interested in Reserving an Animal Trap?
Arlington residents and business owners, call Animal Services at 817-459-5898, send an email to email@example.com, or visit our center in person at 1000 S.E. Green Oaks Boulevard, 76018 for more information. If your name is placed on a waiting list, you will be called when a trap becomes available. Reserved traps not picked up within 24 hours will not be held, and the next requestor on the list will be notified.The $50 deposit will be credited back to those paying with a credit card at the time of the return, if the trap is returned in good condition, and within the specified time.Call 817-459-5898, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.