The Arlington Citizens Police Academy is for residents of all backgrounds and occupations. It is offered as a public service to the community at no cost to participants. The Citizens Police Academy is part of our ongoing efforts to increase awareness and support for local law enforcement. It’s a great opportunity to learn more about your police department.Topics include:
Graduates are better-informed citizens who can share their knowledge and experiences with friends, family members and neighbors. Graduates are also invited to join the Arlington Citizens Police Academy Alumni Association and continue their involvement as police volunteers. The Alumni Association meets monthly.Benefits of participating in a Citizens Police Academy program:
- Helps to alleviate misunderstandings about policing
- Teaches participants how to better protect their property and enhance overall safety
- Provides an opportunity to participate in a ride out with an officer for a day
- Offers a firsthand look at the polices and regulations that police must follow
- Provides all graduates an opportunity to join the CPA Alumni Association and continue their involvement with the Arlington Police Department through a number of exciting volunteer opportunities.
Watch for a new schedule of Citizens Police Academy dates coming in 2018.
For more information, contact:
Officer Timothy Hayden
Crime Prevention Unit-South District