The Arlington Tomorrow Foundation is focused on contributing to a thriving Arlington. We accomplish this by making grants which support the needs of our neighbors, improve our natural surroundings and enhance the lifestyle of the residents of the City of Arlington, Texas.The Foundation awards its grants only to qualified, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organizations that serve residents of Arlington or departments within the City of Arlington. Organizations without official tax-exempt status (evidenced by a determination letter from the Internal Revenue Code) are generally not eligible but they may partner with a duly qualified charity or a department within the City of Arlington department, and jointly submit a grant application.Grants are awarded in three broad categories — People, Nature and Lifestyle. In deciding how to award our grants most responsibly, we look for projects that:
- Help to enhance the quality of life for the residents of Arlington, Texas in accordance with our giving priorities.
- Leverage support from other sources. Grantees are generally required to demonstrate the ability to garner matching support – i.e., financial and human capital — for any project which is considered and ultimately supported by our Foundation.
- Advance the Foundation’s focus areas and have the potential to accelerate areas of work we already support.
In making decisions about a particular grant and recipient, the Foundation generally considers the size of a particular donation compared to the prospective recipient’s annual operating budget, IRS Tax Form 990 filings, as well as any matching-funds requirements.The Foundation does not consider grants for:
- Debt retirement
- Event sponsorships including conferences, workshops and fund-raisers
- Religious, political or lobbying efforts
- Ongoing operating support