The Foundation and the activities of its trustees and staff members are governed by the following documents:
- Articles of Formation: Describes the purposes for which the Foundation was organized.
- Bylaws for Arlington Tomorrow Foundation: Includes rules governing the Foundation’s operations relating to the board of trustees, board committees, officers and related matters.
- Program for Arlington Tomorrow Foundation
- Resolution and Grant Agreement: Unanimously approved by the City Council in 2007, the document provides for gas revenues to be contributed to the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation and describes the Foundation’s purpose and distribution formulas. In 2008, the Foundation Program was amended to include the City’s historic cemeteries. An amendment was adopted to the Foundation’s Program to include support for the City’s historic cemeteries: Amendment to Foundation Program Historic Pioneer Cemeteries
- FIRST AMENDMENT TO THE SECOND MODIFIED AND RESTATED GRANT AGREEMENT
- Exhibit A – ARLINGTON TOMORROW FOUNDATION- FUNDS (Amended 9-16-14)
Policy and Procedure Documents
Our board is committed to building on our history and to growing our impact on Arlington. As such, our operations are guided by a number of policies and procedures to ensure we are focused on today and planning for tomorrow.
- Conflict of Interest: The policy outlines the requirements of board members as it relates to potential conflicts of interest during grant deliberations and related to transactional activities.
- Investment Activities: The Foundation’s investment activities are managed within the statutes of the State of Texas Public Funds Investment Act and the Property Code, Chapter 113. See links included below for detailed information.
Public Funds Investment Act (PFIA): The statute’s Chapter 2256.0202 authorizes investment activities related to earnings on minerals. www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/GV/htm/GV.2256.htmProperty Code – Texas Trust Code: www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PR/htm/PR.113.htmStatement of Investment Policy: The governing document by which the Foundation’s board manages the investment portfolio.
The Foundation’s Board of Directors meets at least eight times a year. All proceedings are managed within the requirements of the Open Records Act. As such, agendas are posted on the Foundation’s and the City of Arlington websites 72 hours in advance of sessions.Click to see the most recent Agendas & Minutes.