The Family Self-Sufficiency Program assists eligible families in becoming economically self-sufficient members of the community. The program provides the following services:
- Educational assessment, academic remediation, and GED preparation.
- Self-esteem and assertiveness training.
- Vocational assessment.
- Employment and job search training.
- Reimbursement for job related expenses.
- Budgeting skills training.
- Gasoline allowance and minor car repair assistance (limited).
Services to participants are provided by a variety of public and private organizations in the community.
Free Training Classes
Click Here to view free classes available to all program participants.
Criteria for Eligibility
- The applicant must be a participant in the Housing Choice Voucher program.
- The participant must be the head of household.
- The participant must have reliable transportation.
- The participant must complete the Family Self-Sufficiency Orientation.
- The participant must have a total family income at the time of application that does not exceed the “Low-Income” level of HUD Income Limits