The Tierra Verde Small Area Plan is a detailed review of a portion of the Southwest Sector Plan which was adopted on February 20, 2001. The plan contains proposed incentives and options to maintain the goals of the Southwest Sector Plan. In April 2006, City Council directed staff to work with Gideon Toal to create a Master Plan for the Target Area.
Tierra Verde Steering Committee Role
A Steering Committee is being created to provide input and strategic guidance to representatives of Gideon Toal, Inc. and City of Arlington staff members (the “Project Team”) in the development of a land use plan for the Tierra Verde area.
The Steering Committee will work with the Project Team to:
- Serve as representative of and liaison to neighborhood stakeholder groups for the period of developing a land use plan, approximately three (3) months.
- Plan and implement outreach in the neighborhood to enhance participation of stakeholders in the development of a land use plan.
- Assist in identifying stakeholder concerns, issues, and possible strategies to address those concerns and issues.
- Assist in bringing together the various stakeholder groups to participate cooperatively in developing the land use plan.
- Participate in:
- approximately three (3) Steering Committee meetings,
- approximately two (2) public neighborhood planning meetings (“public meetings”); and
- other related decision-making and educational activities.
- A commitment to regular participation in these meetings and activities will be requested of members.
- Actively participate in group reviews of land use plan recommendations.
Tierra Verde Meetings Held
- Steering Committee Meeting 1 – June 20, 2006
- Public Meeting 1 – June 29, 2006 | Presentation
- Steering Committee Meeting 2 – July 11, 2006
- Steering Committee Meeting 3 – August 10, 2006
- Public Meeting 2 – August 17, 2006 | Presentation
- City Council Work Session – September 12, 2006
- City Council Work Session – September 26, 2006 | Presentation
- Planning and Zoning Commission Work Session – October 4, 2006
- Town Hall Meeting – October 30, 2006 | Presentation
- Planning and Zoning Commission Public Hearing – November 1, 2006
- City Council Public Hearing – November 28, 2006