Sign standards for the City are located in Article 7 of the Unified Development Code.
Overlay Districts may have differing standards – please refer to the Special Conditions section of the appropriate sign type in Article 7 of the UDC. Planned Developments (“PD”) may have their own sign requirements.An updated Sign Code was adopted by City Council May 26, 2015. Find more information here.
Sign Permits – Online @ArlingtonPermits.com
- Sign Permit Application
- Sign Permit Process
- Do I need a sign permit?
- Application Requirements
- Fee Schedule (Item 15 on Page 5)
- Inspections are required for ALL sign permits. Inspections may be scheduled by:
- 24-hour Recorder: 817-261-8817
- Permit Tech: 817-277-5561
- In person at the One Start Desk at 101 West Abram Street
- A Certificate of Occupancy must be in review or approved for all businesses obtaining sign permits.
- Some signs will require additional permits:
- Electrical Permit – Some signs that incorporate illumination and that do not have an existing branch circuit will need to obtain an Electrical Permit as well.
- Commercial Building Permit – if a new awning will be installed as part of an awning sign.
For all inquiries related to Signs, please call 817-459-6502 and ask for the Planner of the Day or email email@example.com.