Council Member Charlie Parker District 1
First Elected June 2012
Term expires May 2018
817-459-6141Represents the portion of the city bounded by Division Street on the south and the city limits on the north. Also bounded by Great Southwest Parkway and SH 360 on the east and Fielder Road and the city limits on the west. District 1 includes Six Flags Over Texas, Hurricane Harbor, Globe Life Park, and River Legacy Park.Charlie Parker moved to North Arlington in 1980. He flew as an airline Captain for TWA and American Airlines for 32 years, after flying missions in Asia, the Persian Gulf and in the Mediterranean as a Commander for the Navy. Following 911, he became a Federal Flight Deck Officer (armed pilot) for US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). He graduated from the Navy Fighter Weapons School, and has a Bachelor of Science Degree from San Jose State University in Aeronautical Engineering.Charlie has been involved in the representational process for the last sixteen years, including as Chairman of the Dispute Resolution Committee and as Secretary/Treasurer of a pilots union. He has been married to Jackie, who is a native Texan from Corpus Christi, for 39 years. They have two children born and raised in Arlington who attended TCU and UTA.
- Community and Neighborhood Development Committee
- Finance and Audit Committee, Chair
- Transportation and Municipal Infrastructure Committee
- Municipal Policy Committee
- Arlington Tomorrow Foundation, Secretary
- Arlington Convention & Visitor’s Bureau Board of Directors
- Great Southwest Industrial District Association Board
- Tarrant Regional Water District
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zones
Contact Your Council Member
Do you have questions or comments for your Council Member? First, check the Frequently Asked Questions page. If you don’t find an answer to your question, you are encouraged to contact your Council Member.