Typing/Data Entry Tests
Most clerical positions with the City of Arlington require a typing or data entry test. If a position requires testing, it will be stated in the “Requirements” section of the advertisement.
Conditions of Employment
- All investigations, verifications, testing and physical results must be completed and deemed acceptable based on City standards prior to beginning employment.
- All applicants will be subject to a criminal background investigation.
- If driving is an essential job function, that cannot reasonably be accommodated without undue hardship, a driving record check, including a commercial driver’s license where applicable, must be passed.
- For certain positions, paper examination, polygraph examination and/or physical agility test may be required. After a conditional offer of employment, a physical may be required prior to beginning work.
- Applicants for positions involving cash handling and financial discretion will be subject to credit evaluation.
- Applicants for specified safety-sensitive positions will be subject to pre-employment drug testing and random testing throughout the course of employment in such a position.
Deadlines for Application
Most positions posted will have a two-week deadline for application. Open and close dates are clearly indicated on each posting. Positions posted with a closing date of “open” are subject to close at any time. The size and quality of the applicant pool and the operational need to complete the selection process each contributes to when such a position closes.
Panel interviews may be conducted for some positions. The selection process takes a minimum of 3-4 weeks; however, some positions may take longer. The hiring supervisor will contact applicants selected for interviews and make the final hiring decision. We are unable to continually update each applicant individually during the selection process. Only applicants of interest will be contacted by the hiring supervisor.
All information listed on the applicant profile is subject to verification by the Human Resources Department. A false statement or omission of information will disqualify your application from consideration.