The Finance Department is responsible for directing and controlling the areas of Accounting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Treasury Management, Purchasing, and the City’s Operating Budget.

Purchasing :: Local & MWBE Initiative :: FAQs

Who can I meet to learn about business opportunities?

The City’s MWBE Coordinator is available to discuss current city’s contract, present future bids & proposals, and identify the appropriate staff and department to promote your business.

The purchasing agents can provide information about goods and services contracts.  You must call 817-459-6300 to schedule a meeting with the appropriate agent.

The Monthly Supplier Meeting, held every 2nd Friday, enables potential vendors to learn about the city’s procurement process, current and future contracting opportunities and meet department staff.

How can I find out about contracting opportunities?

For construction and design services, the Aviation, Parks Planning & Engineering, Public Works and Transportation, and Water Utilities department will post bids/proposals on the City’s website.

Bids, proposals, and goods & services are available on the Supplier Portal.

How does the City purchases construction, professional services, and goods & services?

All construction services are solicited through the Aviation, Parks Planning & Engineering, Public Works & Transportation, and Water Utilities departments.

Professional services are awarded through either a Request for Proposal (consulting) or Request for Qualification (architectural or engineering).

To see upcoming construction and design projects, go to Upcoming City-Wide Projects or register on the City’s Supplier Portal.

For information about goods & service, go to Purchasing FAQs.

To see the types of goods and service contracts, go to Goods & Services Contracts.

What are the requirement(s) to do business with the City of Arlington?

All suppliers interested in submitting a quote or bid will be required to provide current insurance prior to award.

For construction, professional services and goods & services, see the Insurance Requirements.  The one exception is construction projects require an Umbrella/Excess Liability of $2 million.

All bids and proposal request a specific level of experience and/or years of experience.

For contractors interested in pursuing public improvement work, you must complete and submit a Prequalification Statement at least three weeks prior to bid opening.

Who can I contact for assistance with preparing a bid or proposal?

Click here for a list of Business Assistance Centers that can help you with a city bid or proposal.

You must call to schedule an appointment with a counselor.  Make sure you allow for adequate time prior to bid/proposal due date.