Physical Ability Test (PAT)
Congratulations to those moving forward to the Physical Ability Test! The AFD PAT Roster Aug 2017 contains an overall roster along with individual rosters for each day of testing. Clicking on the testing date will bring you to the roster for that day, and clicking the date at the top of the daily roster will take you back to the overall roster. The rosters are alphabetical by the first two letters of your last name, the first two letters of your first name, your middle initial if provided, as well as your order number.The report time for each PAT testing day is 7:30 a.m. in classroom 1504 in the Fire Service Training Center of Tarrant County College Northwest Campus. You will be commuting during morning rush hour traffic and you may encounter construction and traffic delays. The parking lot around the Fire Service Training Center may be full, so parking in another area of the complex may be necessary. This alternate parking is likely to add 15 minutes to your overall commuting time, so plan accordingly. If you arrive after 7:30 a.m., you will not be allowed to test. No exceptions will be granted.PAT Information:Location: Tarrant County College / Fire Service Training Center
4801 Marine Creek Parkway
Fort Worth, TX 76179
Classroom 1504Report Time: 7:30 a.m. (on the day of testing)What to bring:
1. State issued ID
2. $45 Testing Fee (debit/credit card or personal check)
3. Immunization Records
4. Bunker gear (optional)
5. Water or snacks (optional)What to wear: Workout attire suitable for taking the PAT
Visit Texas Commission on Fire Protection and Texas Department of State Health Services for licensing and certification requirements. Also review the 2017 Firefighter Requirements and the 2017 Hiring Packet to ensure you meet all requirements.All firefighter trainee candidates and Emergency Medical Technician – Advanced trainee candidates must have all the required immunizations. Please pay special attention the Hepatitis B series vaccinations. This series takes approximately six months to complete. Immunizations are a condition of employment for the position of firefighter trainee and Emergency Medical Technician trainee.Required Immunizations:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP) – (one dose as an adult within the past 10 years; if previously given TD within last 10 years, must have TDaP booster)
- Measles Mumps Rubella – (MMR) MMR #1 and MMR #2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR MMR Titer showing immunity
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – Varicella 1 and Varicella 2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR Varicella Titer showing immunity
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) – must receive complete series Hep B #1, Hep B #2, and Hep B #3 OR Hep B Titer showing immunity
Hepatitis B Series Schedule: (Accelerated schedules are not acceptable)
Hep B #1 (initial vaccination)
Hep B #2 (one month later)
Hep B #3 (four to six months after the first)
- Seasonal Influenza (Flu Shot) for current flu season
- *Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (MCV) – must show evidence of immunization at the time of registration with Tarrant County College Registrar
*The MCV is not needed if you are being hired as medically certified with the City of Arlington. EMT-Trainees must have the vaccination prior to the start of EMT-I school.
Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Information
All employees of the Arlington Fire Department, regardless of position or assignment, are required to meet and maintain qualifications for Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) access, as specified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement’s Texas CJIS Systems Access Policy. Please review additional information on the Texas Department of Public Safety website.
Lt. Mitch Butler
Office Phone 817-459-6022
- Coordinating and scheduling the hiring process.
- Identify future needs for hiring process and recruitment.
- Be sure to check this website often for updates and important information.
For questions e-mail: email@example.com
Other Employment Opportunities
- For inquiries about jobs in Dispatch Services call 817-543-5916
- For inquiries about jobs in Fire Prevention including Inspectors, Investigators and EOD call 817-459-5539
- For other positions, please visit the City of Arlington’s Career Opportunities site