Registration Coming Soon!
The Arlington Fire Department will soon open registration for our firefighter candidate written exam. Registration for the exam will be $50 and will be processed at the time of registration. Registration is limited to the first 1200 candidates. The exam registration fee is non-refundable. Please follow us on social media or keep checking this website for updates. Thank you for your interest in the Arlington Fire Department.Please review the 2017 Firefighter Requirements. All firefighter trainee candidates and Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate trainee candidates must have all the required immunizations. Please pay special attention the Hepatitis B series vaccinations. This series takes approximately six months to complete. Immunizations are a condition of employment for the position of firefighter trainee and Emergency Medical Technician trainee.Required Immunizations:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP) – (one dose as an adult within the past 10 years; if previously given TD within last 10 years, must have TDaP booster)
- Measles Mumps Rubella – (MMR) MMR #1 and MMR #2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR MMR Titer showing immunity
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – Varicella 1 and Varicella 2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR Varicella Titer showing immunity
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) – must receive complete series Hep B #1, Hep B #2, and Hep B #3 OR Hep B Titer showing immunityHepatitis B Series Schedule: (Accelerated schedules are not acceptable)
Hep B #1 (initial vaccination)
Hep B #2 (one month later)
Hep B #3 (four to six months after the first)
- Seasonal Influenza (Flu Shot) for current flu season
- *Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (MCV) – must show evidence of immunization at the time of registration with Tarrant County College Registrar
*The MCV is not needed if you are being hired as medically certified with the City of Arlington. EMT-Trainees must have the vaccination prior to the start of EMT-I school.
Visit the following sites for licensing and certification requirements:
Review the 2016 Firefighter video:email@example.com
Stay Connected with the Arlington Fire Department
Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Information
All employees of the Arlington Fire Department, regardless of position or assignment, are required to meet and maintain qualifications for Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) access, as specified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement’s “Texas CJIS Systems Access Policy.” Those requirements are available at the following links:
Other Employment Opportunities
- For inquiries about jobs in Dispatch Services call 817-543-5916
- For inquiries about jobs in Fire Prevention including Inspectors, Investigators and EOD call 817-459-5539
- For other positions, please visit the City of Arlington’s Career Opportunities site
Lt. Mitch Butler
Office Phone 817-459-6022
- Coordinating and scheduling the hiring process.
- Identify future needs for hiring process and recruitment.
- Be sure to check this website often for updates and important information.