Hiring Process Schedule – Fiscal Year 2019
The firefighter entrance exam was administered on November 27, 2018. The results of the exam will be posted no later than the third week of December. The scores will be used to create an Eligibility List which will be in rank order for those scoring a 70% or better on the exam. Once the Eligibility List is posted on the Civil Service webpage, applicants will be notified via e-mail if they are within the hiring range and will be moving forward in the Hiring Process.For those moving forward in the process, the schedule of hiring events is listed below. All dates and times are subject to change as situations may arise that are out of our control. Every effort will be made to notify those in the hiring process as soon as changes are identified.
- 1.5 Mile Aerobic Run – January 11, 2019
- Physical Ability Test – January 15 – 16, 2019
- Oral Interviews – January 22 – 25, 2019
- Polygraph Testing – January 28 – February 28, 2019
- Psychological Testing – January 28 – February 28, 2019
Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Information
All employees of the Arlington Fire Department, regardless of position or assignment, are required to meet and maintain qualifications for Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) access, as specified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement’s Texas CJIS Systems Access Policy. Please review additional information on the Texas Department of Public Safety website.
Lieutenant Patrick Blair
Monday – Friday
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Major Holidays
Other Employment Opportunities
- For Fire Prevention Inspectors, Investigators and EOD call (817) 459-5539
- For Fire Dispatch Services call (817) 543-5916
- For all other City positions, visit the City of Arlington’s Career Opportunities site