Written Exam Scores
Thank you to all who tested with us on Tuesday, June 13, 2017. The scores are linked here, “Top 250 AFD Written Exam” and “Not Eligible AFD Written Exam”. The lists are alphabetical by the first two characters of your last name, the first two characters of your first name, middle initial, and your order number as an additional identifier. The scores were also e-mailed to the e-mail address you registered with for your convenience. For those who tested and are not in the Top 250, we thank you for testing with us, and we hope you consider testing with us again.
1.5 Mile Run
Aerobic Capacity 1.5 Mile Run:
Friday, June 23, 2017
AT&T Stadium (Cowboys Stadium) – Lot 11
1 AT&T Way, Arlington, Texas 76011
Run Times: 8:00 a.m., 8:30 a.m., & 9:00 a.m.
0830 Run Roster
0900 Run Roster
ATT Stadium Parking Lots 1.5 Mile Run
Course mapPlease review the 2017 Firefighter Requirements. All firefighter trainee candidates and Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate trainee candidates must have all the required immunizations. Please pay special attention the Hepatitis B series vaccinations. This series takes approximately six months to complete. Immunizations are a condition of employment for the position of firefighter trainee and Emergency Medical Technician trainee.Required Immunizations:
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (TDaP) – (one dose as an adult within the past 10 years; if previously given TD within last 10 years, must have TDaP booster)
- Measles Mumps Rubella – (MMR) MMR #1 and MMR #2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR MMR Titer showing immunity
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) – Varicella 1 and Varicella 2 (two doses 28 days apart) OR Varicella Titer showing immunity
- Hepatitis B (Hep B) – must receive complete series Hep B #1, Hep B #2, and Hep B #3 OR Hep B Titer showing immunity
Hepatitis B Series Schedule: (Accelerated schedules are not acceptable)
Hep B #1 (initial vaccination)
Hep B #2 (one month later)
Hep B #3 (four to six months after the first)
- Seasonal Influenza (Flu Shot) for current flu season
- *Meningococcal Meningitis Vaccination (MCV) – must show evidence of immunization at the time of registration with Tarrant County College Registrar
*The MCV is not needed if you are being hired as medically certified with the City of Arlington. EMT-Trainees must have the vaccination prior to the start of EMT-I school.2017 Hiring PacketVisit the following sites for licensing and certification requirements:
Review the 2016 Firefighter video:email@example.com
Stay Connected with the Arlington Fire Department
Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Information
All employees of the Arlington Fire Department, regardless of position or assignment, are required to meet and maintain qualifications for Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) access, as specified by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement’s “Texas CJIS Systems Access Policy.” Those requirements are available at the following links:
Other Employment Opportunities
- For inquiries about jobs in Dispatch Services call 817-543-5916
- For inquiries about jobs in Fire Prevention including Inspectors, Investigators and EOD call 817-459-5539
- For other positions, please visit the City of Arlington’s Career Opportunities site
Lt. Mitch Butler
Office Phone 817-459-6022
- Coordinating and scheduling the hiring process.
- Identify future needs for hiring process and recruitment.
- Be sure to check this website often for updates and important information.