- Developing and coordinating the Fire Department’s fire and multi-hazard life safety programs.
- Coordinating the scheduling of emergency response units for fire and life safety presentations with the Operations Division.
- Developing program objectives and performance measures, collecting and analyzing data and evaluating the effectiveness of programs.
- Developing and coordinating the release of information to the media concerning community projects and departmental activities by preparing press releases, arranging staff interviews and responding to media questions.
- Making presentations and communicating with all levels of the Department, educators, citizenry and the media and conducting public education programs.
- Prepare and produce brochures, pamphlets and other printed and visual material for distribution and or presentation both inside and outside of the Fire Department.
- Make recommendations regarding the budgetary needs for public education programs.
- Scheduling and coordinating press conferences, awards ceremonies, promotional ceremonies and other department activities.
- Representing the Fire Department during community programs and at public, social and business meetings.
- Ability to identify any all needed community hazard educational programs, providing consideration for a wide variety of ages and community diversity.