The City of Arlington was incorporated on April 19, 1884. On January 17, 1920, the City Charter was adopted by the City Council. In 1949, the City adopted the City-Manager form of government, which authorizes the City Council to function as the City’s legislative body. City Council meetings are held at City Hall on Tuesdays in the Council Chamber.

Frequently Asked Questions

Before you start browsing the frequently asked questions, we invite you to try our search engine below. It might speed up your search.

Have a question about living in the city of Arlington?
The following list of Frequently Asked Questions may help you find the answer.

Quality of Life

  • Where can I find out how to set up utility accounts, along with other information for newcomers?
  • I have a problem with a city service.
  • I want to report an environmental problem:
    • Drinking Water – 817-459-5900
    • Sanitary Sewer – 817-459-5900
    • Water Pollution in Creeks – 817-459-6550
    • Air Quality -TCEQ – 817-588-5800
    • Indoor Air Quality – Texas Dept. of Health – 817-264-4500
    • Asbestos – Texas Dept. of Health – 817-264-4500
  • Tell me about my public library.
  • I need information about city-owned recreational facilities.
  • I want to adopt a pet.
  • How can I contact the U.S. Postal Service?
    Arlington’s main Post Office is located at 300 E. South St. in Arlington.   Call 1-800-275-8777 for information.
  • On what days will Republic Services not be picking up garbage?
    No garbage or recycling pickups are scheduled for the following holidays:
    New Year’s Day
    Fourth of July
    Labor Day
    Thanksgiving Day

Bills & Tickets

  • I have a question about my water bill.
  • I have a question about a parking ticket.
    Contact Municipal Court at 817-275-5970.


Health Issues

Legal Matters

  • We want to get married.
    Contact the Arlington Sub-Courthouse at 817-548-3928.


  • What incentives is the city offering to help my business?
  • I need a license for my business.
    Contact Building Inspections Office at 817-275-3271.

Public Safety

  • I have information about a crime.
  • Stadium Area Crime Analysis (pdf)
  • How can I contact a speaker on public safety for my school/organization/neighborhood?
    Contact the Police Dept. Community Services Division at 817-459-5725.

Permits & Licenses

  • How do we get a marriage license?
    Contact the Arlington Sub-Courthouse at 817-548-3928.

Social Services

  • I am in need of housing assistance.
    Contact the Housing Assistance Office at 817-275-3351.