Beginning January 1, 2016 the Ground Transportation and Permitting Office will be open only on Thursdays from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.Handitran administers and enforces the transportation ordinance. This involves inspections of taxicabs and issuance of a taxicab permit, which is valid for one year. Written and oral exams are administered to all taxicab drivers, which allow them to obtain a driver’s permit at a fee of $25.00 for a two year permit. The taxicab and driver’s permits may be obtained through our office located at 1101 W. Main St.
Fees Pursuant to Transportation Chapter
- Application Fee Certificate to Operate Taxicab Service or Special Transportation Service – $750 per application
- Annual Street Use Fee – $270 per vehicle per year
- Monthly Street Use Fee – $22.50 per vehicle per month
- Driver Permit Fee – $25 per application
- Driver Permit Replacement Fee – $10 per request
- Taxicabs, Special Service Transportation Vehicles and Jitneys Vehicle Inspection Fee – $25 per un-inspected Vehicle
- Taxicabs, Special Service Transportation Vehicles and Jitneys Vehicle Re-Inspection – $10 per un-inspected Vehicle
Forms and Documents
Ground Transportation Permitting hours of operation
Tuesday 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.
Thursday 1:00 – 3:00 p.m.