Based on available funding, the Housing Modifications for the Disabled and Elderly Program assists low-income individuals and families with housing modifications their home to allow for greater mobility.
- Applicant households may not have an income that exceeds the “Low Income” category of HUD Income Limits
- The disabled or elderly person must have physical disabilities verified by a physician
- If rental property, the landlord must a provide a written agreement for the modifications to the home
- Must be an Arlington resident
- The property receiving modification must be the primary residence
Examples of Eligible Modifications:
Applications must be complete and returned to the Housing Authority of the City of Arlington, 501 W. Sanford Street, Suite 20, Arlington, TX 76011. The following information must be provided with the application:
- Verification of all household income for persons 18 years and older
- The applicant’s disabled condition must be documented by a referral agency or physician
The modification must be approved by the AHA.
For More Information, Contact
- Kimberley Maxwell
- Telephone 817-276-6742
- Fax 817-962-1240
- Email email@example.com