Arlington is a global community, home to people from all corners of the world, providing a citizenry rich in ethnic and cultural diversity.
Arlington has neighborhoods to suit any lifestyle. College students have plenty of options near their campus. Young professionals can choose from trendy new apartment communities near downtown or purchase a home in one of the nation’s fastest developing real estate markets. Couples looking to start a family, or in the middle of raising one, will find plenty of home living options near some of the best-rated schools in Texas.Arlington is an affordable city to live in:
- Forbes ranks Arlington (along with Fort Worth) as one of the best places to buy a home.
- Arlington ranks among the 20 best cities to live in for first-time homeowners.
- Arlington has been listed among the 35 best places to live In the U.S. if you’re under 35.
- Arlington ranks 4th among best cities to raise a family.
- Money Magazine names Arlington ‘Best Big City’ in the South
Strategically located within the center of the DFW Metroplex, Arlington is approximately 15 miles east of downtown Fort Worth and 20 miles west of downtown Dallas and approximately 8 miles from DFW International Airport, the fourth busiest airport in the world in terms of aircraft movement.Arlington’s quality of life is second to none, with a low cost of living, affordable housing, 4,600 acres of parkland and world-class entertainment venues that attract over 10 million visitors a year.Have questions about living in the city of Arlington? Our list of Frequently Asked Questions may help you find the answer.