The Mayor’s Committee on People with Disabilities is an organization of citizen volunteers dedicated to helping Arlington become fully accessible for all people with disabilities. Membership is completely voluntary and is determined by a person’s desire to participate in helping his or her community achieve full access for all people with disabilities, whether they are residents or visitors to our city.
How is the Committee involved in the Arlington community?
The Mayor’s Committee on People with Disabilities is dedicated to awareness, concern, communication, encouragement, service and support. We are involved in community planning and we work with the Governor’s Committee on People With Disabilities to develop long-range goals for Texans with disabilities. Future plans and goals are as broad as our community’s diverse needs.
What is the Journey of Hope?
How can I get more information about the Mayor’s Committee on People with Disabilities?
Call the Office of the Mayor and Council at 817-459-6122. The Committee meets monthly in the Council Briefing Room on the Third Floor at City Hall, 101 W. Abram St. Your interest and participation are welcome. If you need a special accommodation to fully participate, please call or email Ellen.Brooke@Arlingtontx.gov, at least 3 business days prior to the meeting for arrangements to be made.
- Useful Information From the Office of the State of Texas Governor Greg Abbott- Planning for a Disaster: Individuals with Disabilities and Others with Access and Functional Needs (pdf download)
- Useful Information on Traveling With A Disability (slideshow presentation from American Airlines)
- www.tarrantcares.org Online information service for individuals, families, caregivers and agencies.
- www.navigatelifetexas.org Resource created for parents of children with disabilities or special health-care needs
- www.helpingrestoreability.org Helps restore ability to individuals with disabilities by assisting them to remain self-sufficient
- myridetarrant.org My Ride Tarrant is a transportation referral resource for those who are transportation disadvantaged, specifically older adults and persons with disabilities that need help navigating transportation options throughout Tarrant County.