The Lights at Interlochen, a popular holiday lights tradition in Arlington, returns Saturday, Dec. 14. The Arlington Police Department will assist with traffic to ensure safe travel through neighborhoods. Traffic posts will be staffed by officers from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. each night beginning Dec. 14 through Christmas night. More than 200 homeowners in this northwest Arlington neighborhood near Interstate Highway 30 celebrate the season by adorning their property with twinkling lights and holiday-themed displays. Thousands of spectators, including tour buses from all over the state, travel through the area to enjoy the sights. Admission is free.How to enter Interlochen:
- From Randol Mill Road: Enter at Westwood Drive. Click here for the Interlochen Map.
- From Westbound IH-30: Take the Fielder Road exit and go south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- From Eastbound IH-30: Take the Eastchase Parkway exit, turn east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to Interlochen will be closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and northbound Oakwood at Randol Mill. All traffic will be forced to turn southbound on Crowley Road. Tour buses and limousines are not allowed on Porto Bello Court.
Before you go, remember!Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane open for emergency response vehicles and Interlochen homeowners.
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts and child safety seats.
- For quicker access, visit during the week. Weekends are the highest traffic-volume days.
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be slow. Pedestrian traffic is permitted.
- Roller skating in the street is prohibited by Arlington Municipal Code. No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way.