One of the largest holiday light displays in north Texas continues to shine bright in Arlington.The Arlington Police Department can help you navigate safely through this wonderland of lights.Beginning Wednesday, Dec. 17, the Arlington Police Department will setup traffic control posts from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. to help facilitate safe travel for tourists and neighbors.Every year, more than 200 homeowners in this northwest Arlington community near Interstate 30 celebrate the season by adorning their homes and property with festive lights and holiday-themed displays. Admission is free.
- Enter the Interlochen neighborhood from Westwood Drive at Randol Mill Road.
- From Westbound I-30, take the Fielder Road exit and go south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road and follow it to Westwood Drive.
- From Eastbound I-30, take the Eastchase Parkway exit, turn east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to the Interlochen neighborhood are closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and northbound Oakwood at Randol Mill. All traffic will be forced to turn southbound on Crowley Road. Tour buses and limousines will not be allowed on Porto Bello Court.
Before you go! Important Safety Tips:
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane open for emergency vehicles and Interlochen homeowners.
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts and child safety seats.
- Visit during the week. Weekends are the highest traffic-volume days.
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be slow.
- Pedestrian traffic is permitted. Roller skating in the street is prohibited by the Arlington Municipal Code. No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way.