Drivers can expect to see Arlington police officers this weekend working high-visibility traffic enforcement along area roadways looking for signs of impaired drivers. The Arlington Police Department is participating in the Tarrant County District Attorney’s Office countywide “No Refusal” operation, which starts this evening and continues through the early morning hours of Tuesday, May 26, 2015.During the Memorial holiday weekend, officers will request search warrants to obtain blood specimens from people who are arrested for driving while intoxicated and refuse to provide a voluntary specimen.To avoid the dangers of drinking and driving:
- Plan ahead
- Designate a sober driver before festivities begin
- Program your telephone with numbers of local cab companies so you can call one when you’re ready to leave
- Make arrangements to be picked up by family or friends
- If you are intoxicated and at a residential party or event at private location, spend the night where you are
- Don’t let loved ones and friends drive, if they’ve been drinking
- Report intoxicated drivers by calling 911.