Thursday night’s flooding has led to a number of road and park closures throughout the City of Arlington.As of 11 a.m. this morning, May 29, 2015, the City has closed numerous parks and facilities due to flooding:
- River Legacy Park (all areas)
- Bowman Springs Park
- Richard Simpson Park
- Village Creek Historical Area
- Tails `n Trails Dog Park
- Fish Creek Linear Park
- Allen Bolden Pool (Closed this weekend)
- Helen Wessler Play Pool
- MLK Nature Trail
- All golf courses are closed except for Ditto Golf Course
- Public access to Lake Arlington is closed until further notice. Private property access to the lake is not advised as emergency response access to the lake is extremely limited.
Village Creek Historical Area will likely be closed for several days before it reopens.Once the water recedes, the City will begin clearing debris and try to open them as quickly as possible, but most will probably remain closed through the weekend.The following roads are closed due to flooding:
- Park Hill Dr. at the intersection of Old Oak Dr.
- Park Hill Dr. at the intersection of Green Oaks Blvd.
The following roads have reopened after being closed earlier today due to flooding:
- E. Abram St. at the intersection of S. Watson Road.
- Bever Blvd. at the intersection of W. Lovers Lane.
- Mossy Oak at the intersection of W. Lamar Blvd.
- E. Pioneer Pkwy. at the intersection of Valleywood Dr.
- SE Green Oaks Blvd.
- Silo Rd. at the intersection of Sublett Rd.
- Silo Rd. at the intersection of Diamond Oaks.
- Big Springs Dr. at the intersection of Cypress Springs Dr.
- Park Springs Blvd. at the intersection of Woodland Park Blvd.
- South Collins St. at the intersection of SE Green Oaks Blvd.
- South Collins St. at the intersection of Border Place.
- Webb Ferrell Rd.
Levitt Pavilion has moved the remainder of this weekend’s concerts to South Street Patio, which is located at 400 E. South St.Tonight’s Food Truck Friday Night event presented by Arlington Parks and Recreation Department has been canceled due to flooding at River Legacy Parks.We want to remind all Arlington residents and businesses that free sandbags are available today (Friday, May 29) until 5 p.m. in the parking lot of the Traffic Engineering/Public Works and Transportation facility located at 1011 Main Street, between Cooper and Davis.Please do not drive through flooded roads and if you see a road covered in water, turn around.For the latest local forecast in your neighborhood, click on the City’s WeatherBug icon located on the home page.