Arlington’s Public Works and Transportation Department has prepared the following tips related to emergency preparation, flood safety and awareness reminders:
The City of Arlington wants people to prepare for the possibility of more flash flooding.
- Create a family emergency plan which includes an emergency safety kit and evacuation plan.
- Don’t forget to include the family pets.
- Avoid walking or driving in high water.
- Safeguard important documents like insurance policies and personal identification papers in a waterproof container.
- Check for debris in your house gutters and bring outside furniture or other light objects inside.
- Stay alert. Tune into your local weather stations or the National Weather Service for flood watch and warning updates.