- $418,000 for enhanced IT security
- $50,000 for Arlington Police Department body camera pilot program
- $125,000 City data strategic plan
- $205,000 for upgrade to registration system used by Arlington Parks and Recreation Department
- $650,000 for Electronic Ticket Writers for the Arlington Police Department
- $87,000 for new highway and railroad beautification projects
- $215,000 to maintain existing beautification programs, including two new landscaping positions
- $12.1 million for Stormwater maintenance and projects
- $2.5 million for road maintenance to seal cracks and take care of other repairs
- $114,375 for Metro ArlingtonXpress (MAX)
- $65,000 for update to master plan for Arlington’s roads
- $100,000 for Arlington Public Library to purchase additional e-books
- $114,000 for books, information and materials
- $4,000 for 3-D printer
- Continue AISD Fire Academy and APD Hometown Recruiting Program
- $2.8 million for economic development initiatives that attract and retain businesses
- $474,000 for Arlington Convention Center repairs
- $100,000 for Downtown Master Plan
- Provide funding for Center Street Bridge over I-20, the extension of south 360, redesign of the 360/I-30 interchange and improvements along Stadium Drive.
- $1.9 million to retain 23 police officers
- $563,000 for seven emergency dispatchers
- $621,000 for new police cars
- $2.1 million for new fire trucks
- $5.6 million for employee raises and benefit increases
For more information about the FY 2016 proposed budget, view the document in its entirety by clicking here.Public input on the proposed budget is welcome at two town hall meetings scheduled for later this month:
Town Hall Meeting #1
Tuesday, August 18 at 6:30 p.m.
City Council Chambers
101 W. Abram Street
Town Hall Meeting #2
Monday, August 24 at 6:30 p.m.
South Police Service Center
1030 S.W. Green Oaks Blvd.