Join us for lunch at the Levitt as we celebrate North Texas Giving Day in Arlington!North Texas Giving Day is an annual online giving event, coordinated by the Communities Foundation of Texas, to encourage north Texans to make charitable contributions to the nonprofit organizations of their choice. All contributions made from 6 a.m. – midnight that day are matched, in part, by the Communities Foundation.The Arlington Tomorrow Foundation will be holding a rally – Arlington Gives! – from noon -1 p.m. on Thursday, September 17 to honor Arlington’s nonprofit community and recognize all the work they do to make our city a better place.Here are some great things you can do when you come to our rally:
- Get your steps in: Wander our nonprofit booth area and learn about what some of Arlington’s charities are doing to improve our community.
- Be entertained: Listen to the Arlington Master Chorale and some of Arlington’s high school bands – get some inspiration and get in the mood for fall.
- Get fed: Enjoy lunch prepared by J. Gilligan’s restaurant and four food trucks: Bellatrino, Sampson’s Gourmet Hot Dogs, Easy Slider and the Great Australian Meatpie Company. Food trucks will be on site from 11:30 to 1:30.
- Vote: Cast your ballot for the “People’s Choice Award” – your favorite Arlington-based charity*. The organization with the most ballots cast will receive a $10,000 grant from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation.
- Get cultured: See the unveiling of some new public works of art, soon to be seen around town!
- Rally around your cause: Are you a volunteer for one of our qualified nonprofit organizations? Come stand with them! The organization* showing the MOST SPIRIT at the rally will receive an additional $10,000 grant from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation.
- Hone your social media skills: “Like” the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation on Facebook for a chance to designate a bonus grant to the nonprofit organization of your choice*
For more information, contact Cami Alexander at email@example.com or 214-783-2539*In order to receive one of these bonus grants from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation, an organization must be registered for North Texas Giving Day and meet the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation’s grant eligibility criteria. A list of eligible organizations will be available at the event.