Each week, on the City’s social media pages, we’ll let you know what the topic of the “Ask Arlington” episode will be.All you have to do is post your question and we’ll do our best to get it answered during our show.This week’s show features Texas State Representatives Matt Krause (District 93) and Chris Turner (District 101) to answer your questions about the seven proposed Texas constitutional amendments on the November ballot:
“Ask Arlington” is a show dedicated to answering the questions you have about what’s happening in our city.
- Proposition 1 would change the homestead exemption amount for school district property taxes from $15,000 to $25,000.
- Proposition 2 would exempt property from taxation for surviving spouses of totally disabled veterans.
- Proposition 3 would repeal the requirement that certain executive officials reside in the state capital, Austin, while in office.
- Proposition 4 would allow professional sports team charitable foundations to conduct charitable raffles.
- Proposition 5 would authorize counties with 7,500 people or less to perform private road construction and maintenance.
- Proposition 6 would recognize the right to hunt, fish and harvest wildlife.
- Proposition 7 would allocate a portion of sales and use tax revenue to the state highway fund through 2032.
You can find more information about the proposed amendments by clicking here.The City’s Office of Communication develops programming for MyArlingtonTV. Viewers can find MyArlingtonTV programs on the following cable systems: Time Warner Channel 16 and AT&T U-Verse channel 99, and streaming capabilities at www.arlington-tx.gov.All episodes are also available on the City’s YouTube channel, Facebook page and Twitter account.MyArlingtonTV Links:
- City Launches New State-of-the-Art Television Studio
- Arlington Weekend Buzz Vide
- MyArlingtonTV News Videos
- Arlington Eats Videos