Back by popular demand, Arlington’s leaf recycling sites return November 21, 2015 and runs through February 21, 2016.The City of Arlington encourages residents to be a part of this year’s free leaf recycling program. Get your friends, family and neighbors to join in. This united effort helps clear our neighborhoods of leaves and creates a second life for the collected material through composting. Taking part in this voluntary program (and inspiring others to do so) is a great way to help make Arlington the cleanest and greenest City in America!
- Help protect our waterways. Leaves are considered a source of pollution when washed directly into storm drains. Too many leaves cloud the water and block the sunlight that is essential to aquatic life. And, as they decompose, can lower the oxygen content of the water which can also harm fish and other living things.
- Help save landfill space. An estimated 20% of the solid waste generated by Texans comes from yard waste. Bagging these materials and placing them into the curbside garbage collection system uses valuable landfill space.
- Alternatives to bagging leaves – Give your lawn an extra boost, and save yourself some extra yard work by mulching your leaves into your lawn. Mulching leaves simply recycles a natural resource, giving you richer soil for free. Start a compost pile. Returning yard trimming back to your landscaping in the form of compost is one of the best things you can do for it.
Help out by bagging your leaves and dropping them off at one of these locations for leaf recycling:
- Arlington Landfill – 800 Mosier Valley Rd.
- U.T.A. baseball parking lot on Mitchell Street east of Fielder Rd. – No contractors
- Bowman Springs Park – 7003 Poly Webb Rd. – No contractors
- S.J. Stovall Park – 2800 W. Sublett Rd. – No contractors
In an effort to improve the environment and our community, this service is provided for Arlington residents only.PLEASE NOTE: No trash or tree limbs. No illegal dumping.During the dates listed above, contractors may bring leaves to the landfill only free of charge. For information about the landfill, call 817-354-2300. Leaves from contractors will not be accepted at the other sites.