The Arlington Cultural Tourism Council (ACTC) is accepting grant applications as a result of the City’s strategy to support and grow cultural tourism in The American Dream City by distributing competitive grant allocations to artists and cultural arts organizations.Applications are being accepted now until Monday, December 5, 2016 by 5 p.m. CT.These grants will contribute to the encouragement, collaboration, promotion, improvement and application of the arts to promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry.Cultural tourism grants must be used to implement arts and culture based tourism projects designed to attract cultural tourists. Grants may support:
- Programs designed to generate incremental tourism activity in the City of Arlington.
- Target marketing for arts and cultural activities designed to attract or engage visitors from outside a 50 mile radius of the city of Arlington.
- The development of packages or special promotions for arts or cultural tourism activities.
- The development of new programs/events for arts and cultural activities.
- Projects related to existing or potential cultural tourism programs/events with the intent of increasing cultural tourism activity in the city of Arlington.
- The preservation of historical tourism.
For more information on the Arlington Cultural Tourism Council or to submit an application, please visit http://arlingtonculturaltourism.org/apply/.