The first bridge beam was installed late last week as part of the $233 million Interstate 30/SH 360 Interchange Project.The beam will be part of the new SH 360 southbound frontage bridge, which when complete will span from just south of Lamar Boulevard to just north of Six Flags Drive on the west side of 360. The southbound frontage road bridge is expected to be open to traffic by late 2017.New lane closures in the area of I-30 and SH 360 are planned for the coming weeks as part of the project. Aerial photos are available on the Keep 30360 Moving website.
Weekly Lane Closure Look Ahead
Closures are subject to changes due to weather and schedule. Below are anticipated traffic impacts for the coming week.Interstate 30 HOV Lanes (between Great Southwest Parkway and Cooper Street)
- Continuously, from now through fall 2020, the westbound I-30 HOV lane west of SH 161 will be closed. TEXpress lane traffic will be directed into the I-30 westbound general main lanes west of SH 161.
- From now through fall 2020, the eastbound HOV lane access between Center St. and Duncan Perry Road will be closed. TEXpress lane traffic will enter at SH 161.
- Lamar Boulevard/Ave H: The right lane of eastbound Lamar Boulevard approaching SH 360 will be closed for bridge construction through Feb. 28.
- From now through winter 2017, westbound and eastbound Lamar Boulevard/Ave H will be reduced to one lane approaching SH 360 for construction of a new southbound frontage road intersection.
- Avenue F: From now through summer 2017, eastbound and westbound Ave F traffic will be reduced to one lane each direction and shifted to the south side of Ave F for reconstruction of Ave F.
- Avenue G: From now through winter 2017, the 800 block of Avenue G is limited to westbound traffic movement.
- Copeland Road: From February 27 through March 3, eastbound Copeland Road will be restricted to local business traffic only from Convention Center Drive to Ballpark Way for placement of a sanitary sewer line.
- Permanent: Copeland Rd. between Six Flags Dr. and the SH 360 southbound frontage road will be closed.
- Permanent: Westbound Copeland Road from Six Flags Drive to just east of Ballpark Way has been permanently closed. Only eastbound Copeland Rd. traffic will be allowed between Ballpark Way and Six Flags Dr.
- Continuously: Eastbound Copeland Rd. between Ballpark Way and Six Flags Dr. is reduced to one lane for general construction.
To stay up-to-date on the Interstate 30/SH 360 Interchange Project, visit www.keep30360moving.org.