Get ready, thrillseekers! The Joker free-fly coaster
opens to the public at Six Flags Over Texas on Saturday, May 20.The Joker, the newest addition to the Gotham City section, is the Arlington park’s 13th and most wicked roller coaster yet, park officials said.After being lifted straight up a 12-story, 90-degree hill, riders flip head-over-heels up to six times along the weightless journey. The Joker is a free-fly coaster, which means riders can flip forward and backward regardless of which way the coaster is moving.The one-minute ride is chaotic and unpredictable, just like its DC Super-Villain namesake.“Every time you take a dip, you are spinning as well. Really by the time you get to the end, you are pretty ready for it to be over because its pretty intense,” said Steve Martindale, Six Flags Over Texas park president.
The Joker features:
- Massive, imposing, floating and twisting I-box track frame in a unique two-tone purple and green design
- One-of-a-kind onboard magnetic technology featuring smooth head-over-heels free-fly flips providing guests the feeling of weightlessness as they soar outside the confines of a traditional track
- Face-off seats that allow riders to face each other as they tumble head-over-heels
- A 120-foot-tall, 90-degree hill that is ascended by an elevator-style, chain link lift
- Two beyond 90-degree “raven” drops giving the sensation of free-falling.
to watch Nikki Stephens, Arlington Convention and Visitors Bureau public relations and digital media coordinator, ride The Joker.