hospitality and entertainment destinations, welcoming over 50 million visitors annually to its entertainment districts.Live! by Loews in Arlington will be the first hotel to carry the Live! by Loews name when it opens in 2019.“We are thrilled to officially commence construction on the country’s flagship Live! by Loews hotel and celebrate this major milestone with our partners Loews Hotels & Co and the Texas Rangers,” stated Blake Cordish, Vice President of The Cordish Companies. “Loews Hotels & Co is one of the preeminent hoteliers in North America and a leader in the convention and meetings industry. Today’s celebration is an exciting step forward in cementing Arlington as one of the leading convention, entertainment and tourism destinations in the country.”
Live! by Loews brings a luxury resort‐style hospitality experience to Arlington for the very first time. The upscale hotel will blend sports and entertainment with first‐class hospitality and superior amenities, providing a spectacular location for meetings, events and conventions, as well as a special destination for sports fans, visitors and families.“Our dream of bringing a luxury resort convention hotel to Arlington is becoming a reality with today’s groundbreaking ceremony,” said Mayor Jeff Williams. “Live! by Loews will become a first‐class, one‐of‐a‐kind hotel and event destination that will welcome millions of new visitors a year to Arlington. It is a significant step forward in fulfilling our vision of becoming one of the country’s top tourism destinations for conventions and major events.”The 14‐story tall, 302‐room Live! by Loews hotel will feature unique spaces for events and entertainment including:
- Tower Terrace: Located within a 40′ tall by 60′ wide veranda‐style cutout through the hotel tower, the casual, but sophisticated Tower Terrace will serve as the hotel’s central gathering place to relax with family and friends or enjoy a cocktail. One of the most unique spaces in the entire project, the Tower Terrace overlooks a beautiful multi‐use Event Lawn.
- Event Lawn: With incredible views of the entertainment district, the Event Lawn space serves as the perfect venue for weddings, special events and community gatherings. The Event Lawn features a cutting‐edge LED screen for unparalleled sports viewing, movies and concerts. A truly unique experience, the Event Lawn will become one of the country’s most desired places for special events.
- Outdoor Infinity Edge Pool: Located adjacent to the Tower Terrace and directly next to the Event Lawn, guests will be able to enjoy the same stunning views of the Entertainment District from the pool area, as well as the same immersive A/V experience. Dually designed to accommodate both high energy and relaxation, the
resort‐quality pool area will feature two bars, including a swim up bar, rentable private cabanas, ample comfortable lounge space and a fire pit.
- Rooftop Terrace Private Event Space: Boasting panoramic views unlike any other of the Dallas and Fort‐Worth skylines and Arlington Entertainment District, the Rooftop Terrace will feature several private event rooms, as well as a central main space for private functions and events.
- Grand Event Center: The two story, 35,000 square‐foot Grand Event Center will feature a beautiful glass facade with sweeping views of the Entertainment District.The meeting, event and convention space will include a Grand Ballroom with banquet seating capability up to 1,500; an Executive Boardroom with five additional breakout Meeting Rooms; Flexible Pre‐Function space; and a 1,500 square foot outdoor terrace overlooking Johnson Creek and the Entertainment District.
- Revolver Brewing Brewery, Bar and Tasting Room: Known for bringing a fresh perspective in world‐class craft beer in the Dallas/Forth Worth region, Revolver Brewing will open a working brewery, bar and tasting room within Live! by Loews.
Loews Hotels & Co, The Cordish Companies and Texas Rangers are proud to announce that Live! by Loews will be constructed by a joint‐venture partnership of Manhattan Construction Company and Arlington‐based Con‐Real, under the same leadership as previously announced for Texas Live!. Together, the joint‐venture will be responsible for the construction of the dining, entertainment, hotel and convention facilities of Texas Live! and Live! by Loews.Nationally recognized Manhattan Construction Company is one of the largest, privatelyheld construction firms in the nation, widely known for building high‐profile, technicallydifficult mega projects such as AT&T Stadium, one of the premier sports venues in the world. Con‐Real, recognized as one of the most established full‐service African‐American construction and real estate firms, has experience in more than 3,000 projects including entertainment, commercial, hospitality, educational, industrial and technology facilities.This partnership marks an important milestone for the City of Arlington as the first time a project of this size and scope has had a local, minority‐owned business positioned as a joint venture partner to oversee construction.The development team has also assembled an award‐winning team of HKS Architects, Mycoskie+Mcinnis+Associates, Purdy‐McGuire and McLaren Engineering Group to lead architecture and interior design, civil engineering, mechanical/electrical engineering, and structural engineering respectively.