The 2018 Animal Essay Contest is open to all students residing in Arlington city limits in third, fourth, fifth and sixth grades who attend either public, private, or home school.Original essays that are submitted should be 500 words or less and must be typed or handwritten.The essay contest begins Monday, December 4, 2017. Essay entries my be submitted beginning on Monday, January 8, 2018. The deadline for entry is 5 p.m. Friday, January 12, 2018.Click here for this year’s flyer with essay topics, contest rules and requirements.For more information, parents should consult with their child’s teacher, or visit http://www.arlington-tx.gov/animals/animal-essay-contest/.
- Grade 3: If you had wings, what animal or insect would you be and why?
- Grade 4: Our pets need food, water and shelter, but what more do they need?
- Grade 5: What things should be done to improve the lives of animals?
- Grade 6: In 2060, how will animal shelters be different than they are today?
- View the flyer for more details
- Visit the Animal Essay Contest website