One of the largest holiday light displays in North Texas continues in Arlington for the 42nd year.Beginning Friday, Dec. 15, the Arlington Police Department will setup traffic control posts from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. to help facilitate safe travel through the annual Interlochen Christmas Lights display. Drivers must enter the Interlochen neighborhood from Randol Mill Road at Westwood Drive.Every year, more than 200 homeowners in this northwest Arlington neighborhood near Interstate 30 celebrate the season by adorning their homes and property with festive lights and holiday-themed displays. Admission is free. Travel route and safety information is below.Click here to view the Interlochen Holiday Lights 2017 traffic map.
Interlochen Neighborhood Entrance and Exit:
- Enter the Interlochen neighborhood from Westwood Drive at Randol Mill Road.
- From Westbound I-30, take the Fielder Road exit and go south to Randol Mill Road. Turn right on Randol Mill Road and follow it to Westwood Drive.
- From Eastbound I-30, take the Eastchase Parkway exit, turn east on Meadowbrook Boulevard to Randol Mill Road, then right on Randol Mill Road to Westwood Drive.
- All other streets to the Interlochen neighborhood are closed. Left turns are prohibited from northbound Bowen at Westwood and northbound Oakwood at Randol Mill. All traffic will be forced to turn southbound on Crowley Road. Tour buses will not be allowed on Porto Bello Court.
Before you go! Important Safety Tips:
- Traffic must keep right at all times, leaving the left lane open for emergency vehicles and Interlochen homeowners.
- Adults and children must be properly secured by safety belts and child safety seats.
- Visit during the week. Weekends are the highest traffic-volume days.
- Pack a little patience. Traveling through the area could be slow.
- Pedestrian traffic is permitted. Roller skating in the street is prohibited by the Arlington Municipal Code. No solicitation or sales by any vendors or group will be allowed from any public roadway or public rights-of-way.