Arlington Life Shelter provides stepping stones to stability to more than 1,000 men, women and children experiencing homelessness here in North Texas each year through emergency shelter, children’s services, and education and employment.Last year, the Downtown Arlington nonprofit launched its Hearts to Homes Capital Campaign so that it can help even more people. The Arlington Life Shelter aims to build a second facility that will provide housing for up to seven homeless families and to create space and services for residents to remain in the shelter during the daytime and weekends, which they currently cannot do. Other planned improvements include a commercial kitchen, increased educational and recreational spaces for children, expanded dining room, and an employment services lab with interview space. In all, the project would expand the shelter’s capacity from 80 people a night to 120 people a night.So far, Arlington Life Shelter has received just over $3 million in gifts and pledges towards its $4.2 million goal. This included a $750,000 grant from the Arlington Tomorrow Foundation.Join us a Road Home Tour of the Arlington Life Shelter where you will Witness the challenges those experiencing homelessness face on their journey back to a life of dignity and stability and Learn how those experiencing homelessness are finding hope amid chaos.The Road Home Tours last one hour. Advance registration is required and a light lunch is provided on noon tours.
Arlington Life Shelter Road Home Tours
- Wednesday, February 14 at noon
- Saturday, February 24 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, March 14 at noon
- Saturday, March 24 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 11 at noon
- Saturday, April 28 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, May 9 at noon
- Saturday, May 26 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, June 13 at noon
- Saturday, June 23 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 11 at noon
- Saturday, July 28 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 8 at noon
- Saturday, August 25 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 12 at noon
- Saturday, September 22 at 10 a.m.
- Wednesday, November 14 at noon
- Wednesday, December 5 at noon
For more information, or to reserve your space at a tour, please call 817-548-9885 or sign-up online here.