Below are the current planned lane closures for the Abram Street Rebuild through Downtown Arlington.To stay up-to-date on this transformative, two-year construction project between Cooper Street and Collins Street, visit the new Abram Street Rebuild webpage, www.ArlingtonTX.gov/Abram.New or updated items will be indicated in bold.
Lane Closure Look Ahead
Closures are subject to changes due to weather and schedule. Below are anticipated traffic impacts for the coming weeks.Abram Street between Pecan and Center:
- The outside lanes of eastbound and westbound Abram Street between Pecan and Center streets, which is the area between City Hall and the Levitt Pavilion, will be closed to traffic through August 2018.
- Temporary fencing has been installed along the north side of Founders Plaza across from City Hall to protect visitors to the Downtown park and the Levitt Pavilion from construction activities. Pedestrians can enter the park from the east side of Center Street or from the southwest corner of the Pecan and Abram streets intersection.
- The sidewalk on Abram Street between Center and Pecan streets will be temporarily closed starting Wednesday, May 9 through September 2018. This sidewalk closure is needed due to the ongoing construction activities on the Abram Street Rebuild project for the south City Hall Plaza area and also for pedestrian safety. Sidewalk detour signs will be installed on Abram Street, Center Street and Mesquite Street to direct pedestrian traffic from Abram Street to the north side of City Hall between the new George W. Hawkes Downtown Library and City Hall.
- The existing metal accessibility ramp access to the south side of City Hall will remain open until the new accessibility ramp on the east side of City Hall is installed.
Abram Street between Oak Street and Cooper Street
- Beginning Monday, June 4, the outside lanes of Abram Street between Oak and Cooper streets will be reopened. Traffic will be moved to these lanes to allow for work on the insides lanes in this section until further notice.
Abram Street between Weeks Avenue and Jeffries Street
- Starting the week of March 25, the eastbound lanes of Abram Street will be closed between Weeks Avenue and Jeffries Street for the installation of sanitary sewer lines. However, two-way traffic will be maintained at all times during construction, which is set to last through June. This section is west of Collins Street.
The City of Arlington has partnered with Waze to give drivers the best experience possible to get around town. Drivers can download Waze for free at www.waze.com/get for iOS and Android and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes, avoid road closures and more.