Two Projects Added to Lane Closures Update
Work began last week on two new projects in the SH 360 corridor. The lane closures for the new projects will be included on the I-30/SH 360 Interchange project website.
- The first project is a highway resurfacing project between the Trinity River and Ave J. This project will repair pavement and provide a new surface. The project is expected to be complete by the end of summer 2018.
- The second project is a highway widening between Abram St and Kingswood Blvd/Green Oaks Blvd. This project will widen the 5.4-mile section of SH 360 main lanes from three lanes to four lanes by adding an additional north and southbound main lane, will include inside widening of the SH 360 bridges at Park Row Dr and Mayfield Rd, a full rebuild the SH 360 bridge over Abram St and rebuild exit and entrance ramps at Abram St. The project is expected to be complete in 2020.
New lane closures are planned for the next week as part of the $233 million Interstate 30/SH 360 Interchange Project. Aerial photos of the project are available on the Keep 30360 Moving website.New or updated items are indicated in bold.The City of Arlington has partnered with Waze to give drivers the best experience possible to get around town. Drivers can download Waze for free at www.waze.com/get for iOS and Android and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes, avoid road closures and more.
Weekly Lane Closure Look Ahead
Closures are subject to changes due to weather and schedule. Below are anticipated traffic impacts for the coming weeks.I-30 Ramps
- Westbound I-30 Exit Ramp to Ballpark Way
- Anticipated July 2018: The I-30 westbound exit to Ballpark Way will be moved further east, closer to SH 360, and traffic will now approach the Ballpark Way intersection from the east side of the roadway. The existing loop ramp will be reconstructed.
I-30 HOV Lanes Between Great Southwest Parkway and Cooper Street
- Westbound I-30 HOV lane west of SH 161
- Through fall 2020, the westbound HOV lane west of SH 161 will be closed. TEXpress lane traffic will be directed into the I-30 westbound general main lanes west of SH 161.
- Eastbound I-30 HOV lane between Center St and Duncan Perry Rd
- Through fall 2020, the eastbound HOV lane access near Center St and lane through Tarrant County will be closed. TEXpress lane traffic will enter at SH 161.
SH 360 Main Lanes
- SH 360 Southbound Main Lanes between Abram Street and Mitchell Street
- Overnight, Jun 21, 7p-6a: The right, outside lane of southbound SH 360 will be closed for setting concrete safety barrier.
- SH 360 Northbound Main Lanes between Mitchell and Abram Street
- Overnight, Jun 21, 7p-6a: The right, outside lane of northbound SH 360 will be closed for setting concrete safety barrier.
- SH 360 Southbound Entrance from Abram Street
- Overnight, Jun 21, 7p-6a: The SH 360 southbound entrance from Abram Street will be closed for setting concrete safety barrier. Traffic will be directed to the next entrance ramp from Park Row Dr.
- SH 360 Northbound Exit to Abram St
- Overnight, Jun 21, 7p-6a: The SH 360 northbound exit to Abram St will be closed for setting concrete safety barrier. Traffic will be directed to the next exit ramp to SH 180/Division St. Traffic may either use Division St ramps or the U-turn at Randol Mill Rd to return to Abram St via the southbound frontage road.
SH 360 Frontage Road
- SH 360 Southbound Frontage Road between Brown Boulevard/Ave K and Johnson Creek
- Through February 2019, the SH 360 southbound frontage road is reduced to one lane from Brown Boulevard/Ave K to Johnson Creek for reconstruction of the new SH 360 southbound frontage road and access with southbound SH 360.
Local StreetsNorthbound Ballpark Way
- Through Summer 2018: The right, outside lane of northbound Ballpark Way between I-30 and Brinker Court will be closed for installation of new westbound I-30 frontage road.
Lamar Blvd/Ave H
- Through Summer 2018, westbound and eastbound Lamar Blvd/Ave H are reduced to one lane approaching SH 360 for construction of new southbound frontage road intersection.
- Through Fall 2018, eastbound and westbound Ave F traffic will be reduced to one lane each direction and shifted to the south side of Ave F for reconstruction of Ave F.
- Through Fall 2018, the 800 block of Ave G is limited to westbound traffic movement.
- Continuously, eastbound Copeland Road between Ballpark Way and Six Flags Drive is reduced to one lane for general construction.
- PERMANENT: Beginning January 22: Eastbound Copeland Road at Six Flags intersection will be limited to right turn only onto southbound Six Flags Drive.
- PERMANENT: Copeland Road between Six Flags Drive and the SH 360 southbound frontage road is closed.
- PERMANENT: Westbound Copeland Road from Six Flags to just east of Ballpark Way is permanently closed. Only eastbound Copeland Road traffic is allowed between Ballpark Way and Six Flags Drive.
To stay up-to-date on the Interstate 30/SH 360 Interchange Project, visit www.keep30360moving.org.