Beginning August 1, 2018, the Woodland West Branch Library will close temporarily while the building is renovated. The branch’s front doors, façade and other areas will be updated. Library service will be unavailable at Woodland West during construction, which is expected to be complete in November.The renovation will feature improvements to the building’s front doors and entryway. Other work will include updating the public restrooms to ensure they are ADA accessible.The Woodland West Branch is one of the Arlington Public Library’s busiest locations. Woodland West has been in its current location since 1996 and serves a diverse neighborhood full of dedicated library lovers. Despite being the system’s smallest branch, Woodland West circulates more books each month than most other locations.Some services will be relocated or temporarily unavailable during the construction progress.
- The book drop will not be available during construction. Patrons can return items at any Arlington Public Library location.
- Books and other items housed at Woodland West will not be available during construction.
- Requested items will be sent to the Lake Arlington Branch. Patrons may select a different location for their holds if desired.
- Free summer meals will end on July 31 at the Woodland West Branch. Children 18 and under can still receive a free lunch on weekdays until August 10 at the Southeast Branch at noon, or at the East Arlington Branch at 1 p.m.
- Good Grounds for Books reading group will meet at the Downtown Library on the third Wednesday of the month beginning on July 18.
The Downtown Library and the Lake Arlington Branch are the closest locations to Woodland West. Woodland West patrons are encouraged to use these locations, or any other branch throughout the system, during construction.Arlington voters approved the Woodland West renovations in the 2014 bond election. Want to learn more about 2014 bond projects in The American Dream City? Check out our 2014 Bond Project Tracker webpage for maps, project timelines, articles and more.