Earlier this year, the Arlington City Council adopted an Entertainment District Parking Ordinance designed to protect neighborhoods within the Entertainment District from cut-through traffic and other nuisances that stem from special event guests who park on neighborhood streets instead of in designated paid parking lots.The ordinance, which the City will begin enforcing starting Saturday, Sept. 15, will prohibit on-street parking in three residential areas only during select AT&T Stadium events listed on the City’s Entertainment District Special Events Parking webpage. The City Council approved the City’s ability to establish these temporary No Parking zones in response to residents’ concerns about the ability for emergency vehicles to easily get in and out of their neighborhoods.“We strive to protect and maintain neighborhood integrity while ensuring our Entertainment District visitors have a great experience,” Deputy Chief Leland Strickland said. “If fans choose not to park in designated event parking lots, their vehicles are not properly protected, and they could be towed.”The Arlington Police Department held neighborhood meetings in June, July and August to answer questions from affected property owners.The City of Arlington has established the Entertainment District Special Event Parking webpage to provide residents and visitors with information about which stadium events the Entertainment District No Parking zones will be in effect. Questions can be sent to email@example.com.The temporary No Parking zones will be activated during all Dallas Cowboys home games as well as select concerts, sporting events and other high-profile activities at the stadium, which can hold up to 110,000 fans. The Arlington Police Department has identified these events based on factors that include projected attendance and previous neighborhood integrity concerns.Residents who live in the identified zones are encouraged to sign up through Nixle, an alert notification system, to receive Arlington Police Department notifications by text and/or email regarding the special events times and dates when on-street parking will be prohibited. (Please see instructions on how to sign up for Nixle in the bulleted list below).The City has installed folding No Parking signs, which are flipped open to be visible when on-street parking is not permitted. Signs will be flipped open to be visible 24 hours prior to the special event. The City plans to begin enforcement, at a minimum, three hours before the stadium event is under way.
What residents and visitors should know:
- Three Entertainment District No Parking Zones have been established. These areas are generally identified as:
- Stadium West Zone: This area is directly west of AT&T Stadium and is roughly bounded by Slaughter Street to the north, Collins Street to the east, North Street to the south and Mesquite Street to the west.
- Roosevelt Zone: This area is northwest of AT&T Stadium and is roughly bounded by Andrews Street to the north, Collins Street to the east, Randol Mill Road to the south and Mesquite Street to the west.
- Woodbrook Zone: This area is north of AT&T Stadium and is roughly bounded by Road to Six Flags Street to the north, Willowbrook Street to the east, Woodbrook Street to the south and Collins Street to the west.
- During Dallas Cowboys home games and other marquee events, “No Parking” signs may be activated in any or all of the zones. When the signs are activated, all on-street parking is prohibited
- The on-street parking prohibition applies to all public streets where No Parking signs are activated.
- All vehicles parked on-street where No Parking signs are visible are subject to removal via towing.
- Exceptions to the ordinance include vehicles stopped to make deliveries, drop off passengers to the residences, or to provide maintenance, repair or lawn service to a residence within the Entertainment District No Parking Zone.
- Residents who live in the designated zones are encouraged to sign-up through Nixle to receive text and email alerts from the Arlington Police Department for event times and dates when the Entertainment District Parking Ordinance is in effect by texting STADIUM to 888-777.
- Residents can also follow Arlington Police Department news through Nixle by texting FOLLOWAPD to 888-777.