Bridge work related to the Texas Department of Transportation’s SH 360 Widening Project in Arlington will result in the complete closure of the Abram Street underpass as well as the closure of a section of SH 360 this weekend.To ensure driver and TxDOT worker safety during the bridge work, northbound and southbound SH 360 traffic will be diverted to the frontage roads between Division Street and Mitchell Street and eastbound and westbound traffic on Abram Street will be closed at SH 360. The closures are set to start at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 2 and last through 6 a.m. Monday, Nov. 5, weather permitting.The $53 million SH 360 Widening project will add an additional north and southbound main lane, rebuild the bridge over Abram Street, and rebuild various exit and entrance ramps. When complete, a 5.4-mile section of SH 360 between Abram Street and Kingswood Boulevard/Green Oaks Boulevard will be widened from three lanes to four lanes in each direction.To stay up-to-date on the SH 360 Widening project, visit www.keep30360moving.org.The City of Arlington has partnered with Waze to give drivers the best experience possible to get around town. Drivers can download Waze for free at www.waze.com/get for iOS and Android and see real-time traffic, find optimal routes, avoid road closures and more.SH 360 Main Lanes and Ramps
- SH 360 Northbound Main Lanes approaching Abram Street
- Continuously, from 7 p.m. Nov. 2 to 6 a.m. Nov. 5: Northbound SH 360 Main Lanes will be closed approaching Abram Street for bridge demolition. Traffic will be exited prior to Abram Street, continue on the northbound frontage road, and entering from north of Division Street. EXPECT DELAYS.
- SH 360 Southbound Main Lanes approaching Abram Street to Mitchell Street
- Continuously, from 7 p.m. Nov. 2 to 6 a.m. Nov. 5: Southbound SH 360 main lanes will be closed approaching Abram Street for bridge demolition. Traffic will be exited prior to Division Street, continue on the southbound frontage road, and entering from south of Abram Street. Traffic may be stopped temporarily for GM plant access. EXPECT DELAYS.
- Centennial Drive
- Continuously, from 7 p.m. Nov. 2 to 6 a.m. Nov. 5: Eastbound Centennial Drive approaching the SH 360 southbound frontage road will be closed to traffic in coordination with the SH 360 main lane closure.
- Abram Street
- Continuously, from 7 p.m. Nov. 2 to 6 a.m. Nov. 5: Abram Street eastbound and westbound traffic will be detoured along the SH 360 frontage roads to turn around at Mitchell Street and SH 180/Division Street. No access will be permitted under SH 360. SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTES. EXPECT DELAYS.
Safety is a top priority at TxDOT, and the foundation for the agency’s planning, building and maintaining of projects across the state. When driving through a work zone, some simple steps to take are to slow down, pay attention, avoid distractions such as cell phones, be patient and to plan ahead.TxDOT appreciates the patience of drivers and encourages attention to all warning signs within the construction work zone while crews work diligently to complete this work as quickly and as safely as possible. You can see all Texas road conditions by visiting: www.drivetexas.org.