The City of Arlington is pleased to announce another Neighborhood Matching Grant call for projects. The Neighborhood Matching Grant Program is available to fund improvement projects that will beautify and enhance the public spaces and stengthen neighborhoods throughout The American Dream City.Neighborhoods can apply for up to $25,000 for neighborhood projects. Project examples include neighborhood capacity building, public art, beautification, landscaping, sidewalks, traffic calming, and neighborhood entrance signs.Applications for this grant program will open Thursday, November 1, 2018, and are due by Friday, February 15, 2019. The Guidebook and Application are now available online at http://www.arlington-tx.gov/osi/neighborhoods/grant/. The Guidebook contains important information that applicants will need to know when preparing their project and completing the application.To apply, a project team leader must attend one of five Information Sessions scheduled throughout the city. These sessions are scheduled:
- 6:30 p.m. Nov. 14, 2018, Hugh Smith Recreation Center Multipurpose Room
- 6:30 p.m. Nov. 29, 2018, West Police Station Community Room
- 9:30 a.m. Dec. 15, 2018, George W. Hawkes Downtown Library Excellence Room
- 6:30 p.m. Jan. 7, 2019, Southeast Branch Library Community Room
- 10:30 a.m. Jan. 26, 2019, Southwest Branch Library Community Room
Additional questions can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.The Neighborhood Matching Grant Program aligns with the Arlington City Council’s priority to Champion Great Neighborhoods.