The City of Arlington Jail is currently accepting applications for the detention officer position. Check back periodically to check the hiring status.
Arlington Detention Officers are committed to Excellence in Service, Teamwork, and the diligent maintenance of individuals entrusted to the care of Arlington Police Department.
- Must be a citizen of the United States, 18 years of age or older
- Must possess a High School diploma or GED
- No felony or class A misdemeanor convictions; including deferred adjudications
- No misdemeanor convictions, above the grade of class C within the past 10 years (Including DWI / DUID)
- No convictions for any family violence offense
- Not on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of class C misdemeanor
- No pending litigation (criminal or civil) at the time of application
- Must be of good character and have a stable work and driving record
- May not have relatives working for the Arlington Police Department or on the Arlington City Council, or employed as a City of Arlington Department Head.
- Be of good character and have a stable school, work and driving record
- Must have a valid Driver License.
- All Police Department Personnel must conceal all body art (tattoos, piercings, and skin branding) by the use of the authorized uniform or city authorized clothing.
Applicant must possess the ability to lift or exert forces up to 100 pounds and push/pull up to 45 pounds.THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE FOLLOWING PRE-EMPLOYMENT CHECKS:
- Detailed criminal background processing
- Psychological evaluation
- Polygraph examination
- Drug and Alcohol testing
- Pre-employment physical
Salary & Benefits
- 15.3200 per hour / Minimum
- 19.1500 per hour / Midpoint
- 22.9800 per hour / Maximum
- 6% Shift Differential
- $50 per Month – Bilingual Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Vacation
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 20 Year Retirement
- 401K with 50% Match
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Tax Saver Plan
- Generous Sick Leave Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement