As part of the City of Arlington Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program, a mobile collection unit allows you to properly dispose of your household hazardous waste safely and efficiently.Once a month, the Crud Cruiser visits a neighborhood park in your community to collect old paint, motor oil and other household chemical waste.Best of all – It is free, convenient and good for the environment!This is a first-come, first-served event. Storage capacity is limited, so please arrive early!
2017 Crud Cruiser Schedule
Events are from 8 to 11 a.m. (or until full)
- January 21 – Richard Simpson, 6300 W. Arkansas Lane
- February 18 – S. J. Stovall Park, 2800 W. Sublett Road
- March 18 – Vandergriff Park, 2800 S. Center Street
- April 22 – Randol Mill Park, 1901 W. Randol Mill Road
- May 20 – Vandergriff Park, 2800 S. Center Street
- June 24 – Bowman Springs Park, 7003 Poly Webb Road
- July 22 – Cliff Nelson Park, 4600 W. Bardin Road
- August 19 – Cravens Park, 400 Cravens Park Drive
- September 16 – Richard Simpson Park, 6300 W. Arkansas Lane
- October 28 – Cliff Nelson Park, 4600 W. Bardin Road
- November 18 – Cliff Nelson Park, 4600 W. Bardin Road
- December – No Event
How long will it be available?
You can find the Crud Cruiser in a designated neighborhood park from 8 a.m to 11 a.m. Please note: Arrive early. Storage capacity in the Crud Cruiser may limit participation to the first 50 residents or households.
How much will it cost?
There is no charge. This program is free for all Arlington residents.
Do I need to show proof of residency?
Yes. A driver’s license or a current water, telephone or electricity bill is acceptable.
What if it is raining?
The program will be cancelled.
What are some examples of acceptable hazardous household waste?
Motor oil, paint, household chemicals, degreasers, antifreeze, oil filters, photo chemical, gasoline, all types of batteries. View complete list.
What are some examples of unacceptable hazardous household waste?
Ammunition, explosives, tires, medical waste, propane, radioactive material and waste generated by businesses.
What can I do with my materials if I am not able to visit the Crud Cruiser?
Take your items to the Environmental Collection Center at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth. Call 817-392-EASY(3279) for hours of operation.I need more information about this program. What should I do?
Call the City of Arlington at 817-459-6778.
What can I do if I arrive too late and the Crud Cruiser is already full or gone?
Take your items to the Environmental Collection Center at 6400 Bridge Street in Fort Worth. Call 817-392-EASY(3279) for hours of operation.