Spring Cleaning? Here are some things you need to know.
Household Trash & Leaves:
- Must be secured in a plastic bag.
- Maximum weight: 50 lbs. per bag
- Must be placed curbside no later than 7:00 a.m. on scheduled day of collection, and not before 7:00 p.m. the evening prior to the day of scheduled collection.
- Bagged grass clippings will not be picked up curbside.
- During late fall to early spring, you may recycle your leaves at one of our leaf drop-off locations. Leaves taken to the recycling drop off locations will be recycled into mulch for Arlington residents. This mulch is made available in Spring. Leaves placed curbside will still be collected but will not be recycled. Click here for leaf recycling program dates and locations.
Bulk Recycling and Moving Boxes:
- Take to your nearest Library drop-off recycling dumpster location
- Please flatten all boxes
- The drop off locations accept the same recycling as your curbside cart
- Recyclables only. Please no leaves, brush, organics, household hazardous waste or furniture.
Fence Panels, Tree limbs and Brush:
- Must be trimmed and bundled
- Max length 4’
- Max weight 50 lbs. per bundle
- Large amounts will be picked up at a rate of 1 cubic yard per pickup day
Household Furniture and Appliances:
- Place curb side with regular trash collection. You may also take these directly to the Arlington landfill for disposal. Republic will service at a rate of 1 cubic yard (about the size of an office desk) per service day. For moves, tenant clean-outs and in cases where you have multiple bulk items to dispose of at once, please utilize your free landfill coupon to take these items directly to landfill free of charge.
Take the following to the ARLINGTON LANDFILL, they will NOT be picked up at the curb:
- grass clippings
- large rolls of carpet (*small pieces cut into 4 foot or smaller sections and bundled into 50lb bundles or less are acceptable curbside)
- building materials
Household Hazardous Waste
Take the following to the Environmental Collection Center, they will NOT be picked up at the curb:
- motor oil & antifreeze
- cooking oil
- pool chemicals
- other household hazardous waste
- sharp objects
Place in a hard plastic or metal container with a screw-on or tightly secured lid. Secure lid with tape. Place inside secured trash bag with other household trash. DO NOT PLACE IN RECYCLING CART.Soiled bandages, disposable sheets, and medical gloves must be placed in securely fastened plastic bags before you put them with your other trash. Need Free Mulch? – Call the Arlington Landfill at 817-354-2300 to check availability.To reach Republic Services, call 817-317-2000To reach the City of Arlington, call 817-459-6777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org