Welcome! We are glad you have stopped in to learn more about the City of Arlington’s Municipal Volunteer Program (MVP). The quality of life we enjoy in Arlington is based on the effective and efficient delivery of City services. Citizen involvement is essential in providing the best services. It is the ultimate government by the people. By choosing to volunteer, you will have the opportunity to strengthen our great city by connecting with families, neighbors, and communities through service. Serving others is as easy as planting a garden, reading to a child, or picking up litter. Make a difference in your community!
To Start Your Volunteer Search, Follow The Steps Below
- Review the departments that utilize volunteers. You can see a list on the homepage.
- You will see a listing of current volunteer activities for the department of your choice. To sign up click “Volunteer Now!” button. You will be directed to the sign-up page.
- Read the Volunteer Guide and click on the “Sign Up!” button. Once you have completed the “Basic Info” portion of the application, please fill out the “Additional Info” and the “Qualifications”. This information is required to process your application.
- Additionally, it is helpful if you click on the “My Profile” tab and fill out “Interests”, “Availability” and “Goals”. We will be able to best serve you if that additional information is provided.
- By creating a profile with username and password you are submitting an electronic application to the Municipal Volunteer Program. Apply to only one department to begin the process, additional departments can be added later.
- Once you have submitted your profile, please wait to receive a response from your department of choice to begin volunteering. Background checks are required for all volunteers.
If you have difficulty accessing the sign-up screens, please call the Human Resources/MVP office at 817-459-6869 between 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday.