1. Is the letter a scam?
The letter was sent with the approval of Arlington Water Utilities and the Director did sign the letter.
2. Who paid for these letters to be mailed out?
Service Line Warranties Company (SLWA) paid for all costs associated with the letters and mailings.
3. How do I get off of the list and not receive these letters anymore?
Please call 1-866-922-9006 or email at email@example.com and be sure to include your full name and address. Your request will be processed promptly; however, it could take up to 60 days to be purged from the system so you may receive one more mailing before your request takes effect.
4. How do I find out the terms and conditions of the program before I enroll?
To view terms and conditions before enrolling, please visit the website at www.slwofa.com and click on “view terms and conditions” on the right-hand side of the page
5. How can I find out what plumbers this company uses to do the work?
Please call 1-866-922-9006 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your full address.
6. I feel that it is completely inappropriate for the Director of Utilities to encourage City of Arlington customers to use this company’s warranty program.
The City of Arlington wanted to make its residents aware of their service line responsibilities as well as streamline the process by which repairs are made to the sewer lines located in the public right-of-way (ROW). SLWA was selected through a competitive bid process to provide these services. SLWA was selected and endorsed by the National League of Cities and The North Central Texas Council of Governments in two independent selection processes. We undertook another public selection and selected SLWA. Participation in the warranty program that covers repairs made to your private lines is optional and voluntary.
7. If I have a water/ plumbing problem today, can I call today and utilize the warranty program if I sign up today?
No, the program requires your line to be in good working condition at the time of enrollment.
8. I have called Service Line Warranties Company and they can’t answer my questions.
We are sorry if you are having difficulty getting your questions answered. SLWA has maintained a customer satisfaction rating of over 95% for more than 11 years. Many questions can be answered by visiting the website at www.slwofa.com. If you have called at 1-866-922-9006 and the customer care representative has not answered your questions, please request to speak to a supervisor.
9. Did the City provide/sell the names and addresses of utility customers to the Warranty Company?
Unless a customer requests confidentiality, any citizen or organization can access this information through the Open Records process. We did not sell them the information.
10. What fees or profit is the Utility Company getting from the Warranty Company?
The City waived the typical royalty fees reimbursed to the Utility from such programs in an effort to secure a below market rate for our residents.