The City of Arlington and the City’s primary water supplier, Tarrant Regional Water District, work closely together to develop and implement water conservation and drought management plans to make possible an adequate supply of water today and in the future. Although a water conservation and drought management plan may appear to be the same, there are differences between the plans that benefit the community and region when put into practice.
Water Conservation Plan
- Implemented full-time; permanent
- Long-term response to efficient water use and supply
- Arlington Water Conservation Plan
Drought Contingency Management Plan
- Implemented during times of crisis, such as droughts
- Short-term response to a water supply shortage
As annual and seasonal climate varies, it is important to have an on-going water conservation plan in place to better be prepared for drought conditions in the future. The City of Arlington is dedicated to the practice and promotion of the efficient use of our valuable water supply and encourages all residents to be mindful of their water usage.