Welcome to Arlington! If you need to open an account with Arlington Water Utilities, we’re here to help. You may request activation of new service if:
- the address you are moving to is metered and billed by Arlington Water Utilities
- a definite date can be given to start your service
- all previous Arlington Water Utilities accounts in your name have been paid in full
To open a new account for water, sewer, trash pickup, and storm drainage service in the City of Arlington, please call Customer Care at 817-275-5931 Monday-Friday [excluding holidays] between 8:00am – 5:00pm. To apply for new service online, please click here.Si necesita usted hablar con un representante en Espanol, por favor llame al 817-275-5931. Has clic aqui para mas informacion.
Please Have The Following Information Ready:
- The exact address of the requested service location
- Your mailing/billing address (if different)
- Your contact telephone number(s)
- Your driver’s license number
- Your social security number
- Commercial Customers: The tax ID number of the business
ACTIVATION FEE A $20.00 activation fee will be assessed on the first billing statement of each new activated account. SECURITY DEPOSITS Security Deposit for Residential Customers An $80.00 security deposit is required for all residential accounts. Outside letters of credit are not accepted. The deposit is credited with interest after 12 consecutive months of excellent payment (paying by the due date each month). Otherwise, when the account is closed, the $80.00 is applied to the final balance due and any remaining interest is refunded by check.
Deposit waivers can be granted for residential customers if:
- the applicant is a new residential customer and enrolls in Bankdrafting [Direct Payment Plan] with a minimum commitment of 12-months, and also notifies Customer Care of their enrollment before the due date of the first bill.
SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR NON-RESIDENTIAL CUSTOMERS A minimum $80.00 security deposit is required for ALL non-residential accounts. For each account premise, the security deposit is calculated by using the dollar amount of the average 1-month bill multiplied by two. The deposit is refunded when the account is closed. A separate security deposit must be paid for each premise/service. Letters of credit are not accepted. There are no deposit waivers for Non-Residential customers.SECURITY DEPOSIT FOR REALTOR, PROPERTY MANAGEMENT, LANDLORD/OWNERS To allow time to advertise and fill the vacancy, the $80.00 security deposit for realtors, property management companies, and landlord/owners is typically deferred to the second month’s billing. Deposit Waivers can be granted for realtors, property management companies, or landlord/owners if the applicant enrolls in Bank drafting [Direct Payment Plan] with a minimum commitment of 12-months, and also notifies Customer Care of their enrollment before the due date of the first bill.GUIDELINES FOR TURNING WATER ON – NEW SERVICE ACTIVATIONS Call Customer Care at 817-275-5931 between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday to schedule an appointment with a Customer Care Representative.
Appointment windows are offered for Monday-Friday only, excluding holidays:
8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- It is your responsibility to make sure all water-related appliances on the property are completely turned to the off position. This includes, but is not limited to all faucets, toilets, clothes or dishwasher connections, hot water heaters, and ice makers.
- When turning the water on, if our crew observes more than 10 gallons of water passing through the meter, he will turn the water off. He will then attempt to contact you at your front door advising that he was not able to leave the water on due to unknown water consumption on your property.
- It is your responsibility to call Customer Care at 817-275-5931 no later than 4:00 p.m. to find out if your water is on or off, and to request another crew to be dispatched if necessary. You or your representative must be at the property for the second request.
Go to Garbage Recycle for more information about your specific curbside trash pick up days, and how garbage and recyclables should be presented at the curb for pick up.
Watering Restrictions Between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m
Outdoor watering restrictions are in effect year-round for all customers, residential and commercial: No watering between 10 am and 6 pm.
City Ordinance states: “Except for hand watering and the use of soaker hoses, it shall be unlawful for any person to irrigate, water, or cause or permit the irrigation or watering of any lawn or landscape located on any premises owned, leased, or managed by that person, between the hours of 10 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.”Webconnect – Free Online Access to Your AccountPlease visit www.SaveArlingtonWater.com for more money-saving conservation tips!After you’ve activated your service, be sure to visit our Webconnect utility billing website at WaterBilling.Arlingtontx.gov. Log in with your water account number and mailing address zip code. Then view or pay your bill any time of the day or night, or set up recurring payment using your credit/debit card or checking account. You can also keep track of your payments, or your account’s billing and consumption history.Again, welcome to Arlington, Texas, from Arlington Water Utilities!Click here for more information in our New Customer Welcome Letter (in English and Spanish).