The City of Arlington Water Utilities Department has developed this information to help you better understand our Water Office Policies and the charges for these services.
Please contact the Customer Care Division at 817-275-5931 for any clarification or questions.
Arlington Water Utilities Deposits
|Residential (single family dwelling)||$80|
|Duplex (per unit)||$40|
|Builder (new construction)||$30|
|Apartments (multi-family serviced by one meter) – per unit||$50|
|Commercial (businesses, restaurants, schools) – minimum||$80|
Commercial customers shall be required to pay a deposit in an amount not to exceed double the estimated average monthly bill at the service address. The deposit is determined by three factors: size of meter, type of business, and estimated monthly consumption.
|Construction Meter Deposit||$950|
For construction meters that are in use for more than one month, a fixed fee of $138.83 will be billed on each billing statement.All deposits are interest bearing.
Sewer Line Repair
Upon the City’s determination that structural repair and/or replacement is necessary, the City will repair and/or replace a customer’s sanitary sewer service line within public right-of-ways or public utility or sanitary sewer easement.
Fire Protection System Rates (fixed monthly rates by fire line size)
|3″ and above||$150|
Meter Testing Fees
The first test for meter accuracy is free. After that, if a meter must be pulled from the ground, the following fees will apply.
|Meters 1″ or smaller||$167.12|
|1½” – 2″ meters||$314.18|
|3″ meter or larger||Actual cost of work|
|Inactive Account Fee (having water consumption)||$69.76|
|Delinquent Account Follow-Up/After hours||$39|
|Pulled Meters up to 1″||$218.85|
|Pulled Meters greater than 1″||$775.19|
|Construction Meter Account Activation Fee||$205.38|
|Non-residential Water Valve Operations (i.e., off for repairs)||$362.81|
|Tampering with Public Water System (includes but not limited to removed or broken locks and broken curb stop valves)||$250|
|Past Due Fee (when payment is not made by bill due date)||5% of current water and sewer charges|
|Automated Meter Interface Replacement||$230.36|
|Credit/Debit Card Convenience Fee||$3|
Services Provided at No Charge
- Investigate high or low consumption at customer’s request
- Check for leaks at meter
- Print account audits (billing or consumption history)
- Level meter boxes (for residential customers)
- Replace broken lids on meter boxes to ensure safety
- Emergency turn offs at water meter (for residential only)
- Turn off water for repairs (for residential customers)
- Check water pressure and perform flow test
- Investigate water quality
- Test meter accuracy in the field (First test is no charge.)
- Clean out meter boxes and treat for fire ants
- Replace broken meter boxes (for residential customers)
- Turn on/off water at main line valve
- Bankdrafting by phone or online
- Provide select services after 5:00 p.m. and on Saturdays
- Information on water conservation
- Information on water quality
Unauthorized Use of Water or Wastewater Services
The use at any time of any device or pipe resulting in unauthorized and unmetered tapping of a water main, sewer main, or opening of a hydrant will subject the offending party to a minimum 100,000 gallon consumption charge per connection, plus tampering fee.Questions? Click here for contact information.